Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Walk along the Beach – Gulf Shores, Alabama
As we made our way to Florida and our “official” first stop of this trip, we found we had an extra day and decided to spend a bit more time at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama.  So, it then became the first “official” stop of this trip!  We had a wonderful two days here, soaking up sun, blue skies and shoreline.  The first afternoon we were here, we strolled along the shore of the Gulf of Mexico…..
In Flight
There were seagulls all over the place along the beach – and they were more than willing to share space.  In addition, they were quite photogenic!  I love this image of some of them with wings spread, either coming or going!  The interesting thing is that they would fly away as you approached them, or even walked by them, and then would return to almost the same spot after you passed on by.
Strutting His Stuff
Of course, there’s always at least one ham in the group, and that was this guy, just strutting around in front of me until I took his photo.  He probably would have autographed it for me if I asked……using his feet or beak, I wonder!
Water is Fine
These two seemed to be encouraging us to take a dip.  But, let me tell you – the water was quite chilly here!  Will it warm up as we head further south?  Hope so!
Dipping Toes
I think this may be a sandpiper, just dipping his “toes” into the surf.  There weren’t as many of these little guys about – not nearly as many as there were seagulls – but they were willing to share the shore as well!
Gulls
I love this view of the gulls, some taking off and others still milling about on the ground.  Such a peaceful place, even tho it was full of activity!
Birds of a Feather
Here’s what it looked like as we simply walked down the shore and came too close to the seagulls.  They just sort of did a generalized lift off!
Gulf of Mexico
No seagulls or sandpipers in this shot!  But, I loved just watching the waves roll up on shore and thought I’d share that with you.
The Pier at Gulf Shores
This pier is a huge pier, and just sort of dominates the shoreline, if you are looking in the right direction!  When I shot this, it seemed to be begging to be processed as a black and white image, so I complied!  There will be more of this iconic view in blog posts to come, so stayed tuned!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment