Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pelicans During the Day
During our stay in the Keys, I became entranced with pelicans.  They hung around the campground in which we were staying in substantial numbers, and I had several opportunities to photograph them.
The Star
This guy is a brown pelican, and exemplifies what I love about these birds as a photographer – they are natural hams!  I loved his pose, along with the wonderfully blue water of the Gulf of Mexico behind him.
Pelican Portrait
From what I can tell from my little bird book, this guy is also a brown pelican, but this guy is considered a juvenile – definitely more brown.  Love that blue/green water in the background, too!
Pelican in Paradise 
I love the laid-back peacefulness of this image.  The empty dock behind him, and the clear waters beneath him.  It truly is a pelican paradise, and not bad for humans, either!
Pelican on a Rock
This grouping of rocks was a favorite perch for several of the pelicans, altho only one guy was there when I shot this.  It gave them a look of the more open area of the Gulf, so perhaps they could spot food easier?  I really don’t know, but he does look cool, just sitting there staring out to sea.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment