Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sandpipers on the Shore – Gulf Shores, AL
I promised you more sandpiper shots, and here they are.  These are such adorable little birds, I quickly became fascinated with them!
Rushing
One of the most amazing things about these little guys at sunset was how fast they moved across the sand!  At first, I thought it was because they were gathering food, but they didn’t seem to stop at peck at anything in the sand, so I ruled that out.  Maybe they just sensed the end of the day was quickly approaching, and wanted to get in the last bit of fun on the shore!
Into the Sunset
Here’s a little guy as he headed off down the beach toward the sun, perhaps in search of the perfect little pond in which to get one last soak of the day!
Evening Bath
Here’s another little one who decided this pond was the perfect depth for an evening bath!  He was very industrious in his bathing, too!  No leisurely soak for him, at least not yet!
March Forth
Just look at those little legs go!  I was quite surprised that I managed to capture them as clearly as I did in this image.  I do love the contrast in this image – the little bird rushing along seemed to match the rolling of the waves behind him.  And, the little pond he was going to pass was very calm and seemed to be trying to tell him to just chill.  Too busy to listen, I guess!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment