Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Bald Point State Park
We thought we’d explore this state park with the thought that maybe a lighthouse would be there, since the area there was called lighthouse point.  I don’t know why it was called that, but nope, no lighthouse there!  Still, there was quite a bit of other stuff to see!
Paradise
Doesn’t this remind you of a deserted island?  That was the first thought that I had, but no, it’s not an island – just a lovely, wild shoreline!
Morning Shore
In the morning, the waves have washed some seaweed onto the shore.  Still, there’s plenty of sugar white sand so you can see the loveliness of the beach!
Trail to the Beach
At a different point in the state park, there was this lovely path toward another beach.  I just love the mossy trees that shaded our stroll.
Northern Cardinal on the Beach
On the way toward the beach, in the shade of the tree, I spotted this little cardinal.  I just love the setting that he’s in!
Little Shell
When I saw this little shell on the beach, I did make one little change – I turned the shell over to its more photogenic side!  I love the simplicity of this image.
Relaxation on the Beach
It’s been a while since Jeff had assumed the “vacation” position.  This setting just cried out for him to revert to his old practice!
Growing in the Sand
Here’s more of those lovely ruffled leaves that seem to just pop up in the sand on the beaches around here!  It’s very springy-looking!
Broken Promise
I saw this broken shell, almost the same color as the sand, I just thought it looked so serene.  It just reminded me of how many times promising situations come down to…..broken promises.
Spanish Moss Walkway
And, here’s another lovely shaded walkway on our way back from the beach.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment