Saturday, March 26, 2016

Everglades Flora
We did see some nice flower blooms on our day in the Everglades.  It’s rather amazing what is able to grow in the midst of seas of grasses!
White Bloom
This little bloom reminds me of the yellow one that I saw in Big Cypress.  They kind of look like snapdragons, don’t they?
Air Fern
I know I posted images of this air fern before, but I think this is the best image of one!  I love the way the reds and greens end up blending together.
White Wildflower
We saw this bloom in the fields of grasses.  They seem to be separate flowers, not blooming in a patch.  Each one wants to shine on its own, I guess!  Each bloom is made up of seven separate blooms, per the info I read about it.  However, I didn’t get the name of this pretty flower!
Marsh Daisies
I don’t know if these are really called marsh daisies, but since they kind of look like a variation of daisy, and they were growing in the marshes that are the Everglades, I decided to call them marsh daisies!  Altho these were in a marsh, you can’t really see the water, because it’s so clear.  You can see the water glistening on the grasses.
Intimate Landscape


No comments:

Post a Comment