Saturday, March 26, 2016

Everglades Landscape
We spent one day exploring the Everglades.  I have to admit, I was surprised that we were able to cover the Everglades in one day.  The reason for that is that altho the Everglades are really huge and cover a lot of land mass, there’s really very few roads into the Everglades.  There was one closer to Big Cypress (Big Cypress sort of sits right next to, and somewhat in the middle of the Everglades at times) that we didn’t explore, but I believe the one we did explore is probably the main road.  One of the wonderful things about the Everglades is the fact that it’s so big, and the photo ops are almost polar opposite from what I was able to get at Big Cypress.
Everglades Landscape
The sky is big down in the Everglades, and reminded me of home in New Mexico.  The contrails added some dimension in the sky, and the grasses just went on forever!
Natural Monet
We walked into the grasslands on a boardwalk at one of the stops along the road, and when I looked down, I saw the clouds reflected in the marsh water.  It reminded me of something Monet might have painted, so I applied a painting type filter to this image.  I find this image very restful and peaceful.
Everglades Landscape II
I was very taken by the tiny tree in this image, so much so that I felt I needed to shoot it both horizontally (above) and vertically (below).  Altho I intended to only include one in the blog, I found I really couldn’t figure out which one I liked better, so I decided to include both.  That little tree just gives it an added dimension.
Tree in Everglades
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment