Friday, March 18, 2016

 
Cedar Key Cemetery
We were steered to this cemetery not for the cemetery, but for the boardwalk that covered the length of the cemetery.  I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t see much wildlife, but the scenery more than made up for it!
Female Anhinga
I believe this bird is a female anhinga.  The males are much more striking (stay tuned to an upcoming post for photos of one of them!), but this little lady was making herself at home in the grasses alongside the boardwalk – nesting perhaps?
Beached Boat
We were surprised to see this sailboat with its mast unstopped (down, for you non-sailors!).  It didn’t look like it was damaged at all, so we couldn’t figure out why it was there.  However, I decided the photo made a nice painting, so I converted it!
Pier
We also saw a pier that extended into the waters around Cedar Key.  It made for a lovely peaceful scene, and I couldn’t resist converting it to a crayon drawing.
Old Headstone
We didn’t spend much time in the cemetery, but I did notice this old, textured headstone.  I love the moss that was appearing on the headstone, and the design on it.
Mossy Tree in Graveyard
This was a lovely scene of a great moss covered tree in the cemetery.  I enhanced the image, so that the texture of the tree and moss is highlighted.  And, I just kind of love the feel of this image – calming.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment