Sunday, March 20, 2016

Other Sea Life
Besides alligators, there was other sea life down in Big Cypress National Park!  Let’s take a look…..
At the Surface Feeding
I really like this image, not for the fish (altho it is rather cute), but for just how it looks like it’s floating in nothing in this image.  When I took the photo, it was rather dark and I had doubts that I’d even see the fish, but when I processed it, it came out pretty cool!
Manatee Surfacing
When we stopped at one of the Visitor’s Centers at Big Cypress, there was a manatee that seemed to visit the same area each day.  We were lucky enough to be there when he made his appearance, and I got a couple of semi-cool shots.  They never seem to totally surface, so these images (above and below) are about as clear an image of a manatee that I could get!  This was a big guy, tho – hard to tell because he was in the middle of the water area with nothing around him for perspective – maybe 6-8 feet long!
Big Guy
Turtle
And here are a couple of shots of two different turtles (above and below) along the boardwalk near the cypress strands.  I had a difficult time seeing their heads at first because their backs were not totally exposed.  They really are quite large!
Turtle Lookin’ at You
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment