Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Digital Photo Art – Cadiz, Spain
There was lots of photographic inspiration in Cadiz, Spain, and I’ve taken advantage of it to create these digital photo art pieces.  They help to better capture the spirit of this lovely place…..
  Peaceful Morn
 
As we walked along the seawall surrounding, there were several small boats anchored close to the beach.  To accent the peaceful feeling of the image of this little dingy, I used some background paper I made (and then scanned into my PC) using CitraSolv and National Geographic magazine pages, and then used some bird brushes to complement the feel of this piece.
Sunday Afternoon in the Park
Along one part of the seawall, there’s a lovely city park.  It had such a light, airy feel to it, I decided to use a handwriting sampler as the background, and played with the opacity of my image to allow some of the handwriting to show thru.  I then added some flourish brushes to finish off the springtime feel.
The Banyan Tree
At a different part of the same city park, there were some beautiful banyan trees.  I found the curvature of the branches amazing and thought the handwriting of the vintage postcard was a good match for the tree, both because of the flowing nature of the handwriting and branches, and due to the age of both.  Various brushes were used to add more texture to the piece. 
View from Yesterday
There was an old castle along the seawall that looked out onto the cove where the small boats were anchored.  Altho the boats certainly weren’t old, they did sort of feel like they were from a time gone by.  As I stood looking out the window of the castle, I felt like it was a view from yesterday; hence, the name of this piece.  Interestingly, the background I used in this piece was an image of the rock wall of the Coliseum in Rome.
Waiting
The focus of this piece is another of the small boats in the cove.  This one, however, was on shore.  As I was searching for a background for this digital art piece, I came across another CitraSolv background piece I made, this one jumped out at me as being perfect for the piece.  The very faint image of a woman looking out, coupled with the vintage postcard spoke to me of someone waiting for someone to return to her.  He’s written, but she’s lonely, and the boat symbolizes her feelings of emptiness.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment