Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pelicans and the Sunsets
We got to see a number of great sunsets in the Keys, and often, the pelicans helped to make them extra special!
Pelican Sunset
One of the things I never got tired of was watching the pelicans glide so low to the water.  At times, they maybe only had about a foot of air space between them and the water.  Add the sun reflection on the water, buoys in the foreground, and you know you are someplace special.
Flyin’ Low
Here’s a great profile shot of a gliding pelican. Talk about aerodynamic!  Since I’m not looking directly into the setting sun, you can see more of the blue color mixing with the orange from the sunset.
Sunset Pelican Flyin’ Low
Are you tired of pelicans gliding just above the water?  Somehow, I never got tired of watching them!  Be glad I’m only sharing some of my images of them!
Low Silhouette
Altho this is another shot of the pelican, I think the sky sort of takes the starring role in this image, even tho I am including it in this pelican post.  There were more clouds in the sky on this evening, which adds another dimension.
Flying High at Sunset
As the sun dropped below the horizon, the pelicans decided to soar.  To capture the sky, the pelicans are rather small in this image.  Can you tell there are 3 pelicans flying in formation?  They did that formation flying so well, at times I felt they’d give The Blue Angels a run for their money!
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment