Thursday, March 10, 2016

 
Heron – Big Lagoon State Park, FL
One of my favorite water birds is the heron.  Here are some images of a wonderful bird in the wild, searching for food, and then taking off for better hunting ground…..
Heron from Observation Tower
At first, we were high up on an observation tower when I first spotted this guy.  Good overall view, but I needed to get closer to this guy!
Heron in the Grasses
This is more like it.  Here I am, down on the shoreline, about 30 feet from this guy.  He doesn’t seem to be bothered at all that I’m so close.
Looking to Open Water
Then, he turned away from the nearby grasses.  Is he seeing a better feeding spot somewhere else?  He’s still not reacting to me, so I don’t think its discomfort or fear of me.
Launching
Wow!  I have never been so lucky to be able to get this type of shot so close up!!  The amount of stretch he gets is amazing!
Flying
And, he’s off to search in greener (or buggier?) pastures!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment