Saturday, March 26, 2016

Scenery and Foliage in the Keys
There was some cool foliage and a great scene that I managed to capture down in the Keys!
Saw Palmetto Perfect Imperfection
I finally figured out what this plant is.  In previous posts, I referred to this as a fern of some sort.  It is, in fact, a saw palmetto plant!  I loved the close up of this specific plant.  At first, I was looking for perfect fronds, but then, I realized this is what Mother Nature produced, and it’s perfect in its imperfection!
Heart of Palmetto
This image makes such a great graphic statement, compliments of the saw palmetto!  The sun light also cooperated, and focused its spotlight on the base of the plant bloom.
Red and Yellow
We were driving along on a small semi-backroad in the Keys when I spotted these leaves (above and below).  Jeff stopped the Jeep and I jumped out to capture images of them.  I really love when leaves display a few different colors.  In this case, the colors outline the veins of the leaves.
Be Bold
What Horizon Line?
This shot was one I captured as we first entered the keys.  I took it from the RV window as we crossed one of the first bridges into the Keys.  To me, this is what I think of when I think of the Florida Keys.  And, it’s pretty tough to spot the horizon line, and the cloud reflection certainly doesn’t hurt!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment