Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bloomin’ Portraits
We also got to see a number of different flowers on our travels thru Big Cypress National Park.  I didn’t have a flower book with me, so I don’t know what the formal names are of these blooms, but I do know one thing – they were certainly pretty!
Huge Air Ferns
We saw these flowering plants all over the place down at Big Cypress.  I overheard one of the park rangers telling a person that they were sort of air ferns, as they rooted somehow on the branches of trees and didn’t need soil in which to grow. 
Air Fern Bloom
When we did the boardwalk stroll thru the cypress strand, I was able to get a bit of a closer and better image of the bloom of the air ferns.  Love the red!
Campground Bloom
I tend to love blooms like this – small, delicate and oh, so happy looking!  I know it’s not a daisy, but perhaps it’s in the family somehow….
Pondside Blooms
These sort of reminded me of snapdragon blooms.  This bunch were growing low to the ground, but I did see them along a roadside, too, and they were more of the height and structure of snapdragons.  Regardless of what they are, they are pretty1
Inner Glow
Altho these were all over the place down in Big Cypress, I took this image in our campground.  It was growing near the pond in the center of the campground (and where we later spotted a gator!!), and the light was just wonderful in this image.  Could it be in the morning glory or petunia family?
Pretty Purple Bloom
We saw a few of these as well, altho this one was taken in the swampy waters along the boardwalk thru the cypress strand.  It looks so delicate, it’s difficult to remember it lives where the gators do!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment