Thursday, March 10, 2016

Big Lagoon State Park – Wonderful Scenery
Big Lagoon State Park offered some wonderful scenery, both from up high on an observation tower and walking along the boardwalk above the marshy terrain…..
Shoreline
We were up in the tower and I thought I’d capture this view of the shoreline of the lagoon – this is the big one just off the Gulf of Mexico.
On the Shore
I’m not sure how driftwood (and stumps) got to be washed up on shore, since it doesn’t appear that there’s any tide to speak of here, but, here you have it!  It makes for a nice photo focal point, in any event!
Christmas Colors
I know it’s been a few months since Christmas, but that was the first thought I had when I saw these berries and these very green leaves on a shrub just off the boardwalk we were on!
Big Lagoon Shoreline
Here’s a view of the shoreline from lower down, almost at ground level.  There was a boardwalk because the ground would have been much, much too marshy for us to walk on otherwise. 
Songbird
As we were walking along another sandy path, I heard some incredibly loud singing from a bird somewhere off in the distance.  Only, it wasn’t in the distance!  I was right under the tree where this little guy was singing – he had the loudest voice that could be crammed into a tiny little body!
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment