Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Birds of Puerto Egas – Santiago Island – Galapagos Islands

 
There were a number of different types of birds on Santiago Island, some that we’d seen before, and others new…..and one that fell in love with my camera!
Giant Heron Up Close
Yes, I know I included a number of images of Giant Herons before, but this one was just so striking I had to include it!  The morning sun lit him so wonderfully, and I love how clear his eye is.
8739 – American Oystercatcher
I’m not certain why this little guy is called an American Oystercatcher instead of a Galapagos Oystercatcher, but, oh, well!  He was very intent on searching for his meal, altho I hadn’t heard that there were actually oysters around!  I loved his orange beak and the orange circle around his eye.
Galapagos Flycatcher
And, now we have this little guy.  He was actually a bit of a distance from me when I captured this shot.  I’m not certain what he saw with my camera lens, but…..
Approaching Camera
…he really seemed to focus on my camera (no pun intended!) and started to make a bee-line for me.
Loves the Camera
He’s actually getting so close to the camera, it’s having a hard time focusing on him.  His eyes are very intense, aren’t they?
Up Close
And here he’s right up at my lens.  He never actually touched it, tho.  Did he see a reflection of light, or of himself and he thought it was another bird, or something else?  I have no idea, but he did it to other cameras as well – maybe he just loves cameras!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment