Sunday, May 10, 2015

 
Racing With Dolphins – Punta Vincente Rocca – Isabela Island –  Galapagos Islands
As we were leaving the Punta Vincente Rocca area, sailing blissfully along, one of the coolest things happened.  I had heard of ships encountering dolphins that seemed to race along with them, sort of playing with the ship.  I didn’t really ever think I’d get to see it, but we did!  It was the most fun 10 minutes!  As I stood there, just snapping away with my camera, I know I had the biggest grin on my face, and found myself chuckling just watching these beautiful creatures.  How many dolphins were there?
Bottlenose Dolphins
Well, there were dozens…..
More Playing
…and dozens…
Racing Along
…and dozens….
Leaping
….and dozens….
Lots of Leaping
…and dozens!  It seemed to never end!  I have no idea how many there really were, but they just seemed to fill up the sea for as far out and as wide as I could see!  All of us on the boat became kids once again, just watching them playing with each other and us!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment