Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cruising the Mangrove Cove in Elizabeth Bay on Isabela Island – Galapagos Islands
This was the second part of our morning’s panga ride. 
Cloud Reflection
As we cruised up to the mangrove cove in our pangas, I noticed this great reflection of the clouds in the water.
Swimming Among the Mangroves
Once again, here are the ever so cool sea turtles, swimming along in the clear water!  What a life!
Sea Lion in a Tree
Here’s something you don’t see every day – a sea lion just camped out in the mangrove trees!
A Big Guy
This guy is one that Jeff captured with his camera, coasting along close to the bottom of the sea – it was fairly shallow at this point.
Close Reflection
I really liked this image of a leaf floating on the water with the mangrove leaves reflecting in the water around and below it.  Now, some of the leaves actually grew below the surface, so this is really kind of an optical illusion – is it a reflection or leaves growing below the surface?  I honestly don’t recall!
Golden Cowrays
Aren’t these just so cool?  I thought these were manta rays, but they are something called Golden Cowrays (I have no idea where the name came from!).  I thought they looked so cool just gliding along below the surface.  I lost count of how many of them there were!
Pelicans at Sea
I loved the image of these pelicans just sort of hanging out on the water a short distance from our panga.
Sea Lion Waving
And, finally, here’s a little sea lion waving goodbye to us!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment