Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flowers of Puerto Egas – Santiago Island – Galapagos Islands

On our walk this morning, we also saw a few different flowers.
Morning Glory
I really liked this little flower.  Check out the tone on tone pattern – I love the subtle texture it creates.
Muyoyo Bloom
Here’s a flower that I’d never seen before.  I don’t know how to pronounce it, but according to my Galapagos book, it’s a muyoyo flower.  I love the fluted, almost lacy look of the petals on the flower.  Of course, the bright yellow really brightens up the area where it’s located.
Beach Morning Glory
I think this is a slightly different variety from the first image above.  It does look very similar, but the shading, especially on the very outer edges of the petals seemed to be different.  In any event, it’s a very pretty bloom!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment