Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Orange on Santiago Island – Galapagos Islands

There were some bright orange colored spots on our walk, and after all of the dark marine iguanas, I really appreciated the bright spots on our walk!
Sally Lightfoot on the Beach
It’s the almost neon bright Sally Lightfoot Crabs again!  I really like this image because of the feeling that I get from it.  The crab really seems to anchor this image and provide a bit of calm from the churning, slightly out of focus waves behind it.
Sally Lightfoot on the Rocks
This is what made me first think about this blog posting.  We were walking over so many areas of lava rock that is black, and the Sally Lightfoot Crab just seemed to stand out as a bright beacon in this barren environment.
Sally Lightfoot at Clear Water
I’m including this image because I really like the way it shows just how pure and clear the water is here, when you can look at it when it’s clear.
Dynamic Duo at Puerto Egas
When I saw these two at such close quarters, I just had to capture them.  A rather strange dynamic duo, but there you have it – many different types of creatures!
Brilliant Butterfly
And, finally, here’s a bright spot of orange from a different species – this lovely little butterfly!  It really “popped” when it settled for a moment on the lava rock.
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment