Sunday, May 10, 2015

Meet the Blue-Footed Boobie – Punta Vincente Rocca – Isabela Island – Galapagos Islands
 
I had heard and seen photos of blue-footed boobies before, and I really hoped we’d get to see some “in person” on this trip.  Well, today was our lucky day!  However, since we were in a panga on rolling waves, it was a bit challenging to get clear, crisp shots of them.  I did my best, tho!
First Sighting Blue-Footed Boobie
My first view of these boobies was when one was swimming in the water.  Altho this shot isn’t the best (since I cut off part of his tail – see above reference to being in a moving panga!), I really liked that I could see his blue feet in the clear waters.
Blue-Footed Boobies Home
Here are a couple of boobies – I felt like one of them was just getting home & being greeted by the other one.  This certainly seems to be a favorite perching spot, as you can tell by how they’ve “decorated” the rocks!
Nesting Blue-Footed Boobies
These two really did seem to be nesting.  I can’t really see the one sitting on the nest very well, but it does look like a boobie, with her mate keeping watch. 
Blue-Footed Boobie Profile
Both this boobie and the waves decided to cooperate for this shot.  It’s nice and clear, and he’s completely visible in the frame!  Yea!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment