Sunday, May 10, 2015

 
Pelicans On Parade – Punta Vincente Rocca – Isabela Island – Galapagos Islands
 
It took a while before we saw any pelicans that I felt I could get a good shot of.  Generally, I was getting a lot of photo ops like this –
 Wheels Up
It does look cool, but I really wanted to get to see one perched somewhere, instead of landing on the water, floating, or taking off!
Pelican Evil Eye
But, on our panga ride, we were lucky enough to get to see one, relatively close up.  However, this guy seemed to have a bit of an attitude!  Check out the look he seems to be giving us!
Knowing Look
Here’s another look that seems to be letting us know he’s in on some secret joke or something…..is our panga heading into troubled waters…..or could there be another pelican overhead waiting to bomb us (ick!)?
Direct Stare
This one may be my favorite – just staring at us, seeming to dare us to do something.  We didn’t do anything, but I’d kind of like to know what he had in mind!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment