Friday, May 15, 2015

 
Morning Walk – Part 2
And so we continue with our morning hike right where we left off…..
Long Shot of Marine Iguanas
More marine iguanas!  But, you have to admit, this is kind of a cool shot of them!  I don’t know why they always seem to bunch together – as you can see, there’s plenty of beach to spread out!
Pop of Color
More lovely cool water to gaze upon!  As I was longing to leap into the water (it was really getting very hot right about now), I noticed the 2 pops of color – they are the ever-bright Sally Lightfoot Crabs sitting on the rocks!
Sally Lightfoots in the Surf
And, here’s a closer shot of them, as the surf crashes around them – I just love their bright color!
Galapagos Blue
We’re still at the same vantage point, but I just wanted to include this so you could see the wonderful blue shades of the sea around this area.  It really is paradise!
Basking in the Sun
So, I have to tell you about this little guy.  He kept following us as we hiked along the shore.  As we walked from one cove to the next, I watched him as he swam to keep up with us, and would then come on shore as if asking us to play with him.  And, he kept striking these poses.  What a ham!
Peaceful Waters
An image of what is the stereotypical picture of a deserted island.  Just looking at this makes me feel calm and relaxed.
Whale Skeleton
I’m not certain how long this skeleton has been here, but I think it’s been there quite a while.  The most amazing thing to me is that this skeleton is fairly far from the shore.  It wasn’t moved by anyone – this is how it was found.  So, how did it get here?  A mystery.
Clear Water
And, we’ll end this hike with yet another image of water.  This is internal and I love how clear it is.  After this, we were on to our panga and back to our ship!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment