Sunday, May 17, 2015

 
Last Big Outing – Elizabeth Bay – Isabela Island – Galapagos Islands
Altho we have a bit more to see, this was our last big outing – a panga ride in Elizabeth Bay.  Let’s get started….
Water Lines
Before we got on the panga, I enjoyed some wildlife along the Beagle, our boat.  This pelican just peacefully floated alongside us.  Not only did I like his reflection in the relatively calm waters, I love the look of the lines of the water – just flowing along.
Reflective Dancing
I call these birds Jesus Birds because they seem to walk on water – however, I’ve come to find out their formal name is Elliot’s Storm Petrol.  This is one of the clearest images I was lucky enough to take of this little guy – he’s balancing on one foot at this moment, and the reflection is lovely.
Leaving the Beagle
Here’s a view of our friends leaving the Beagle for our outing.  Love the look of the Beagle and the scenery!

Great Blue Heron
Here’s one of our last views of this wonderful bird as he’s sitting on the rocky shore enjoying the morning!
Blue-Footed Boobie
One of the animals I most looked forward to seeing was the blue-footed boobie – not quite sure why, but I sure am glad I got to see a number of these guys!
Pelican Point
I love this image of this pelican – it’s sort of a quiet, reflective image.
Drama at Sea
We had some drama on our last big outing, too.  I purposefully processed these in black & white as a sort of journalistic perspective.  We came across a frigatebird that apparently got too wet, and was waterlogged in the sea.  Another frigatebird hovered nearby, but I’m not certain it meant to help.
Floundering
Here’s another image of the frigatebird in trouble.  The wing of the other frigatebird is in the upper right corner of the image.
Rescue at Sea
Here’s the image of our guide, Fabrizio, rescuing the poor bird.  He used a towel to grab it, so he didn’t inadvertently injure it.  It was very, very scared.  He ended up placing it on the rocky shore just behind the panga.
Beagle
I really liked this image of a pelican and our boat.  I thought it looked especially reflective when I processed it in black & white.
Flying Away
I love this image of a pelican flying away from us.  The perfect position of his wings is just too cool.
Escaping the Surf
Here’s another cool pelican shot.  This guy was just sitting on the rocks, hanging out, when the surf started coming in.  Once it started rushing over the rock on which he was sitting, he decided it was time to go, and I was lucky enough to capture the moment he took wing!
More to come when we cruise thru the mangrove cove growing out of lava rocks in the water, but for now….
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment