Thursday, August 14, 2014

Windows of Kennicott


As you all know, I love deserted cabins.  There were plenty of uninhabited buildings in Kennicott, and many, many cool windows!  I decided to have some fun with the window images and used them as the basis for a few digital collages.
 
 
I imagined a family that lived in the building this window belongs to.  I love the wistfulness of this image - a sort of forgotten family history....
 
 
This is a building you've seen in a previous posting for Kennicott.  I call this one "Nobody Home" - at least nobody who is with us in physical form.  However, there are many who are with us in spirit - and here are 3 that I imagine may have lived in this house.  Imagination is a wonderful thing!
 
 
I really loved the old wood surrounding this window, and somehow just saw this gentle soul looking up from reading her book to gaze out at us.  Her refined elegance is a lovely counterpoint to the rough and falling apart exterior.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment