Monday, August 18, 2014

Nature at Boya Lake Provincial Park


In addition to great lake views, there was some nature to see at Boya Lake!  Take a look!
 

 
I thought this was such a cool image!  I was playing around and snapping this butterfly, and when I started processing the images, I saw that I managed to catch this little beauty in flight, just before landing on the bloom!  I decided to convert it to a photo painting, just to further capture the softness of the image.

 
Here’s the bloom the butterfly was focused on, alone and in the spotlight!  At this point, this far up north, we were beginning to run out of flowers – closer to the end of the summer season – so I was glad to see what I could!

 
Per my own personal birder, Jeff, this is a sharp-tailed grouse.  No, he’s not really a birder!!  At first, he thought it was a willow ptarmigan, but then did more bird photo research online and believes it is a grouse.  He was hidden in the tree, and I wasn’t even sure at first that I managed to capture him.  Love the profile shot!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment