Thursday, August 14, 2014

Old Railroad Trestle on Road to/from Kennicott



As we drove back from Kennicott, we noticed an old railroad trestle that we somehow missed on the drive in.  This is not being maintained at all, so eventually, it will fall apart (and down) and be gone forever.  I’m glad we got to see it while it’s still here…..


 
As we passed the bridge, there was a small sort of back road that went under the bridge.  Altho the road didn’t look like something we wanted to drive under, it certainly was easy access for me to be able to capture some cool images.  In this image, you can see the weathering of the wood and the intricacy of the trestle structure.  You can see the bridge is beginning to fall down – it curves and then just…..ends.  I don’t believe that this railroad trestle was used since the copper mine was closed, so there’s no danger to anyone, unless you happen to be standing under it when it does! 


 
I definitely didn’t want it to collapse at this point!!  I was standing directly under it.  I really liked the pattern of the structure built to hold the tracks and trains, both empty and full of copper.  You can see that some of the railroad ties have fallen from the bridge…..and that the clouds lifted to reveal blue skies!


 
As we left the area, I noticed this wonderful setting for a photo…..and a painting!  After I saw the image, I thought it would make such a lovely painting, I couldn’t resist!
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment