Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Welcome Home!

 
We are now back home, and New Mexico welcomed us with open arms!  I took a few minutes out today to take some images and create some art!  Take a look!
 

Good morning!!  What a great sunrise we woke up to!  Jeff wandered out of our bedroom and told me to check out the great sunrise.....and he was right!  We actually arrived home this past Saturday, but with unpacking and getting life at home back on track, I slept thru Sunday's and Monday's sunrises.  Thank goodness Mother Nature is a patient being and gave me this beautiful one this morning!
 
 
Here's a look at the sunrise slowly making its way across the sky.  Mountains and big sky - I really missed "my" mountains and sky, altho we saw some beautiful ones on our trip.  I really love the way the colors blends into each other.
 
 
Later in the morning, I noticed some wonderful sunflowers blooming all over the airpark - we've had a great monsoon season (things are actually green here!).  I went out in search of sunflower portrait images and here's one that I really like.  Face up to the sun!
 
 
I really love this image - I converted it to a painting because it really struck me that way.  The background is the wonderful green that the land is this summer, with the blue clouds.  Overall, this is a happy image, and just reminds me of the words of Dorothy, who said, "There's no place like home."
 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment