Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Herons and Gulls at Fay Bainbridge State Park Beach


One day while visiting Jeff’s sister, we took a ride to look for photo ops for me.  We ended up at Fay Bainbridge State Park, where there was a lovely beach with a heron and seagulls on the shore.  I had fun following them up and down the shore to capture them while they busily worked at getting food!
 

 
This lovely heron stayed pretty much in one place, just looking for food, and every so often snatching some food tidbit from under the water.  I love the free flowing reflection of his body in the barely moving water.

 
I love this image of both the heron and a seagull.  I couldn’t believe that I actually captured the seagull with a clam shell in his beak!  The heron just keeps doing his thing in the background.

 
I think I like this image the best of all of the bird photos.  The heron was so still, and the water pretty much matched his stance.  It’s flowing, but peaceful at the same time.  I converted this to a black & white image, just to keep with the mood.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment