Saturday, August 2, 2014

Boat Junkyard - Always Cool!



The thing I love best next to old deserted cabins are……old deserted boats!!  And, on the Homer Spit, there is a boat junkyard.  There were so many cool images I was lucky enough to capture, it was hard to decide what to share.  Here are my favorites –

 
Meet the Donna Rae!  I loved the worn blue color of her hull.  Add a little rust, some portholes, the pilot cabin and you have a great boat image!

 
This little boat has definitely seen her better days, and her colors were worn.  I really liked the vibrant colors of the buoys behind her.  I’m not sure how such colorful things ended up in the yard, as they looked fairly new……at least when compared to the boats!!

 
I thought this image was cool from a couple of different viewpoints.  I love the boat against the mountains, of course, but then there’s this old bus off to the side.  I actually didn’t notice it when I took the shot, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it when I processed the image!

 
What would old boats in a fishing town be without old fishing floats nearby?  I loved the worn, peeling and yet colorful look to these!  And, in case you are wondering, fishing floats are used to mark areas in deeper water where a fisherman could have crab pots, fishing nets, or even hooks just hanging down.  Even tho I don’t fish, I enjoy them for their character and color!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment