Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Valdez Port and Harbor



After visiting Old Valdez, let’s check out what Valdez looks like today.  I applied some effects to make them look like paintings or drawings and create the feeling that I felt while I was there.
Here’s the port at Valdez done as a pastel drawing.  I loved the look of the business on the end of the pier and the feeling I had was that this was sort of the perfect port portrait.


The name of this boat is the Resolution, and I loved the feeling of yearning for the sea that I imagine the boat would feel, if boats felt anything!  Anyway, this boat really looked out onto some crude oil tanks across the Prince William Sound, but the impressionist effect sort of blocked that out.  Not reality, but artistically, it works for me.

 
We had lunch at the small boat harbor and I loved this view from out the window.  The colorful blue boat is balanced by the blue covered plank in the background and the colorful kayaks across the image from the boat.  It’s a lovely image that just speaks to a relaxing lunch in the summertime.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment