Saturday, August 2, 2014

On the Shore - Photo Paintings Series!



As I sat by our campsite and watched the shore, I was struck by the idea that various little scenes I saw would make great paintings.  However, I’m not a painter……but…..my photo processing software and filter software can make me look like I am!!  I’ve decided to call these photo paintings.  Hope you like them….
 
 
These 2 little children actually put the idea for this series in my head.  I watched them playing along the shore and knew if I could make it a cool painting, I could make the kids unrecognizable, which was my intent, since I didn’t want to invade anyone’s privacy.  I love the simplicity of childhood that this evokes.

 
And, as if they knew what I was thinking of doing, 2 kayakers in very colorful kayaks decided to go out for a “paddle”, which allowed me to capture yet another “painting”!  I love the casual, free flow to this image/painting – the essence of summer.

 
Here’s a painting of my sweetie, Jeff, and our puppy, Miki, enjoying the shore!  She did love her beach walks or runs in her case.  Jeff enjoyed being by the water, and I got to enjoy taking this image and making it into a painting!  A win all the way around!

 
When I walked along the shore one morning, I saw this little sandpiper darting in and out of the waves.  I got a good image of him, and, of course, it, too, became a painting.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment