Saturday, August 2, 2014

Eagle Sighting on the Homer Spit



Jeff and his sister have told me about an older woman who used to feed the eagles out on Homer Spit.  Apparently, when she used to do this, the eagles were plentiful out on the spit.  Well, I don’t think she does that any longer, because I only saw this one eagle over the few days we spent on the spit.

 
I was lucky enough to capture this guy as he sat on the light post in the campground where we were staying.  I love this profile shot of him.  I feel like I now know where the term “eagle eye” came from – look at the intensity in his eye as he’s surveying his domain!

 
Eventually, he decided to take wing.  Look at the wing span on this guy!  I just loved watching him – he looked so graceful when he flew.  Even when he beat his wings, he did it in what appeared to be a slow, graceful way.

 
And here he is, just soaring above it all.  The mountains in the background add just the perfect touch.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment