Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Many Faces of an Image




As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I was really taken with the beauty of the Turnagain Arm.  There was one area in particular that I photographed and then just felt that one image really didn’t and couldn’t capture the many thoughts and feelings I had while standing there, taking the photo and just enjoying the views.

 
Here’s the image pretty much as the camera captured it.  One of the things I loved about this specific view is the series of layers in the image.  The clouds appear to be in layers and the mountains just seemed to echo each other in creating layers to look through and down.

 
Altho the previous image didn’t reflect it, the view felt somewhat monochromatic due to the cloud cover and how overcast the day was.  This image reflects the feeling that the day had – grey, foreboding and a bit stark.

 
This image represents how I felt standing there looking at the view.  Altho subtle, there was color to be seen and wonderful reflections in the water of the clouds.  Plus, it had a sense of mystery that I also loved.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment