Monday, August 18, 2014

Boya Lake Provincial Park, on the Cassiar Highway in British Columbia



After we left Whitehorse, we took a bit of a different route toward home, down the Cassiar Highway.  It was a bit more rural than the Alcan, with brush and trees growing right up to the shoulder of the road.  It was also somewhat less used, altho the roads were pretty good.  One of the little gems we found along this route was Boya Lake Provincial Park, and we lucked out yet again with a lakeside campsite!
 

Here was the view looking out from our campsite.  I really loved the color of the water in this lake!  That blue-green color was exactly how it looked – no enhancement on my part!


 
In the morning, when we took Miki for a walk, I noticed the cloud reflection in the lake.  Since the sun wasn’t quite up yet, it wasn’t as vibrant, but this had such a nice positive moody feel to it, I couldn’t resist!

 
Isn’t this a great peaceful lake image?  I just loved the deserted dock reaching out into the lake.  This too was in the morning, just a bit later, but early enough so the kids weren’t yet out playing on the dock.  I guess we could call this the quiet before the storm of playing kids!

 
I know, the color of the reflection in this image seems really fake, but it isn’t!  This is truly the way it looked, which was why I couldn’t resist taking this image.  It almost looks like you could taste it and it a fresh fruity taste!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment