Saturday, August 2, 2014

Rock and Shell Natural Collections


I know folks always tell people to keep their heads up to see everything there is to see, but, there are treasures to be seen by looking down, too!
 
As I walked along the pebble beach, especially when the tide is out, I saw a number of natural collections of rocks.  The colors of these rocks were very interesting on their own – I just enhanced them!

 
For this image, I chose a very summery, sunshiny type effect, to just mirror the playfulness of being on the beach, searching for both rocks and shells.  It’s not realistic, but it’s a fun image!

 
There were lots of cool mussel shells on the beach.  I thought the color of the shells was so pretty; I wanted to highlight a single shell in an intimate nature portrait, as it appeared on the beach.

 
Quite a few of the rocks had barnacles on them, which I thought added a cool point of interest to the otherwise water smoothed texture of the rocks.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment