Monday, April 4, 2016

The Beach on Amelia Island
After strolling the historic downtown area, we decided to visit one of the beaches on Amelia Island, and take advantage of the lack of spring break crowds.  Altho we didn’t stay long, it was a nice stroll along a small boardwalk there.
Beach Path
There were some more formal paths to the beach, and then there were these casual pathways to the shore.  No one seemed to follow these, but it was a nice touch to the beach scene overall.
Beach Scene
As you can tell, I’ve converted the images in this post to paintings, just like the downtown images.  I love the feeling of fun and casual peacefulness that this view offered.  The makings of a great afternoon enjoying the sun on the shore.
Beachy Palm
I also enjoyed the palm trees that sprung up periodically between the true sandy beach and the boardwalk on which we stayed.  I admit, tho, it would have been nice to sit under this palm with an umbrella drink to sip!
Beach Thistle
The only plant I saw down by the shore was a thistle.  It was just so happy in its environment, I had to capture it.  When I began processing it, I thought it might look nice as a pencil sketch or drawing, so I converted it to that.  I then added in some light painting to give it a bit more life.  Jeff said it reminded him of a botanical drawing.  I don’t know about that, but I am pleased with how it turned out1
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment