Sunday, April 3, 2016

Study in Browns
As I walk thru the woods, I’m always looking everywhere for that next shot, and just to see what there is to see!  On our walk thru the trails of this state park, brown leaves just seemed to jump out at me, in all their artistic wonder!
Fallen Leaves
I’m sort of embarrassed to admit that I’m not certain what type of leaf this is, but I’m guessing it’s from a live oak tree!  However, I do love the various colors it’s reflecting, as well as the tones of the partial leaf that is lying next to, and slightly covering it.  The twigs, branches and other pebbles add some wonderful texture and other tonal qualities.
Study in Brown
This is the image that gave me the idea for this particular blog post.  I could crop this image and turn it into a bookmark (for all of my love of digital photography and art, I am still a lover of the printed page, so bookmarks are a treat for me!).  I love the undercurrent of red that seems prevalent in this image and with these leaves and branches.
Brown and Gold
Gold is most definitely the complementary color in this image.  I love the mottled coloring of the brown and gold.  The little sandy granules add a lovely bit of texture to this piece.  Oh, and I feel that I must add – for all of these images, this is the way they lay on the ground.  I couldn’t possibly improve on Mother Nature!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment