Saturday, April 30, 2016

Digital Photo Art – Doors
I played around with the theme of “doors” for this series of digital photo art pieces.  I truly love playing with combining my photography and collage in this manner – come take a look!
Guardian of the Keys
This piece has a cemetery door and angel from the Cemetery at Ricoleta as its focal points.  Ricoleta is an amazing place – almost like a small city that happens to also be a cemetery.  Eva Peron – Evita – is buried there in her family’s mausoleum.  The angel is one of my favorites from the cemetery, as she seems to be so full of sorrow, it practically oozes from her.  The foundation of this piece, as is the case with all of these pieces, is background pages I’ve created using CitraSolv and magazine pages.  I then blended some handwriting pages into that, added my door and angel images and finished off the piece with specialty brushes in Photoshop Elements from Falln Stock.
Laundry Day on the Balcony
When we were in Palermo, Italy, last fall, it seemed to be laundry day – many of the balconies had the residents’ laundry out to dry on their balconies.  This balcony seem particularly photogenic, and is one of my favorites from that day.  Can’t you almost feel the soft breeze drying the clothes?  This piece, again, has a CitraSolve background as its foundation, with special brushes added from Photoshop Elements. 
Palermo Church Door
I took this image thru the window of our tour bus while we were in Palermo, and at the time, I worried that glare from the window would wreck the image.  However, I really liked the way the glare caused a sort of reflection that added a nice bit of texture to the image.  For this piece, I blended my CitraSolv background with some vintage sheet music.  I purposefully selected the background with some red tones in it to pick up on the handles of the church doors, and then added specialty brushes by soul poison and ss to pick up on that reddish tone and the underlying grey tones of the bricks in the image.  Coffeering brushes by on thin air complete the piece.
Southwestern Keys
The inspiration for this piece lay closer to home – in the small town of Gallisteo, New Mexico, not far from where we live.  This door, or gate, leads to someone’s yard, and just seemed like a great fit for my “door” theme.  This time, I blended vintage handwriting with a CitraSolv background and added special brushes by jh and Falln Stock in Photoshop Elements to finish out the piece.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment