Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Myrtle Beach – Atamasco Blooms
One day, as we walked back from the beach, I saw these lovely white flowers growing in a small patch in the grassy area just before we got to the beach.  I stopped and asked one of the volunteers at the state park if she knew what they were, and she told me they were atamasco flowers.  I had never heard of them, or seen them before.  So, of course, I had to go back and photograph them.
Windy
I know, you’ll never be able to identify them from this image!  It was actually pretty breezy when I was photographing them, and I decided to go with the breeze for this image!  I then converted it to a watercolor painting.  You can tell there’s some sort of white flower there, but what you’re really left with is the impression of the wind…….
White Jewels
For much of the remainder of the photos you’ll see here, I was laying on the grass, shooting them from ground level. And, now you can see how pretty this bloom is!  They truly are like little white jewels dotting the green grass!
Leaning Right
No, I’m not making a political statement here!  They truly are leaning right with the breeze that’s happening!  I was lucky enough to capture them when the wind was steady enough, they could actually be in focus as they were blowing!
Translucent Blooms
When I was laying in just the right position, the sunlight would shine thru the petals of the flowers, making them translucent.  I think it really showed off the delicate nature of these lovely blooms.
White Bouquet
I was able to get this image of a closer grouping of them.  When I was processing the image, I thought they looked like a bouquet, arranged by Nature.
Atamasco Blooms on the Beach
When I said the grassy area was right by the beach, I wasn’t kidding.  I really like this shot of a sunny day, beautiful flowers, green grass with trees overhead and the ocean.  Life is good.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment