Sunday, April 3, 2016

Intimate Landscapes Along the Walking Trail
One of the things I love to find are what I call intimate landscapes when I’m walking along a trail or boardwalk.  Along the trail to the village at Koreshan, I was lucky enough to find two, and a very interesting seed pod.
Beautiful Leaves
I love the play of the different green tones against the wood of the fallen tree.  I thought the tall leave reminded me of the plant called “Mother-In-Law’s Tongue”, but I never thought those plants grew in the wild.  The green tone of the leafed plant in front of it looks so soft in this image.
Seed Pod
I’m not sure exactly why I like this image so much – maybe it’s the natural textured background behind the seed pod; or the textured coloring on the seed pod itself; or the outer ridge of the seed pod looking like a perfect binding on the pod.  Or, maybe it’s how it all works together!
Green
I saw this sort of vine of leaves in a darker spot on the trail.  They jumped out at me because they were so light in comparison to the other leaves, branches, etc. around them.  Again, perfection in nature!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment