Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Myrtle Beach – Walk in the Woods
The campground where we stayed at Myrtle Beach also had some nice woodland walking trails, which we took advantage of one day…..
Walking a Bridge
Woods in Myrtle Beach had quite a bit more low-growth than I’m typically used to.  There were also a number of small little foot bridges that took us over the swampy areas where sometimes we saw a small creek.
Water Reflection
At other times, we crossed over what seemed to be a sort of swampy pond.  In this pond, there was a rather busy reflection, not quite as easy to see as others.  Still, I liked the complexity of this image.  Hint – the shoreline is in the upper third of the image.  One thing I liked about these swamps – no gators!
Pier Thru the Grasses
At about the halfway point, we came out onto what was termed a boardwalk area, altho there was no boardwalk, just a parking lot and pathways to the beach.  I did like the view of one of the piers thru the beach grass, however!
Fern Spotlight
On our return loop, I was lucky enough to get this great shot of a low-growing fern.  I just love how the sunlight coming thru the trees above seemed to put a natural spotlight on it.
Holly Berries
Another low-growing plant in part of the woods was a holly plant…..and we were lucky enough to be there when the berries were in bloom.  A bit of Christmas color in early April!
Spring Green
Throughout the path thru the woods, there would be benches so that one could sit and catch one’s breath…..and also just appreciate what was all around.  In this instance, I looked up and saw that lovely spring green color in the color of the tree leaves overhead.
Woodpecker in Tree
Another thing I saw overhead on our return walk was this little guy.  I believe he’s a woodpecker of sorts.  There were photos posted on boards in the park of the wildlife there, and I think I saw a photo of one of these guys identified as a type of woodpecker.  I was really lucky that I was able to position myself to get this good clear shot of him in the tree he was in!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment