Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A Last Look at Myrtle Beach
All good things must come to an end, and so too for our visit to Myrtle Beach.  As we took one last walk around, I thought I’d share some more lovely views of all there was to see at this great state park.
Delicate White Bloom
Altho I don’t know what this flower is, I know we’ve seen it several times throughout our trip so far, and I figured this might be the last time, since we are heading north from here.  It looks all the whiter from being set against the green leaves of the plant it springs from!
Shrinking Violets
I wonder why people refer to violets as shrinking?  Yes, they are small and grow close to the ground, but the lovely purple violet color is anything but shrinking!  Here are a small bunch of them happily blooming away in the warmth of South Carolina!
Myrtle Beach Pier
One last view of one of the piers at Myrtle Beach. This is the same pier that I posted a photo of in the Walk in the Woods blog post – just from a different angle!
Castle in the Sand
Some little person built a sand castle on the beach!  I just had to photograph it, of course, and then I converted this to a painting effect because it just seemed to ask to be a painting instead of a photograph!  The beach seems empty now, but someone left their signature on it, and in a nice way!
Tall Trees
And, one last look up at the trees that grew so close to the beach.  It gave us the best of both worlds – beach warmth and the cool shade of the trees.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment