Sunday, April 10, 2016

Morning Treasures – Look Down!
I took a creative photography class once, and one of the exercises we did was to spend 45 minutes in one spot.  We couldn’t move more that 2-3 feet from our original assigned point.  That exercise taught me to be open to looking for the shot in many different ways.  I put that approach to work on the return walk on the beach that morning.
Leaf Writing
Since I spent the entire walk out to the pier looking up at the sky, on the way back, I decided to focus down.  I was rewarded by this lovely art piece by Mother Nature!  I believe the leaf came in on the waves, and then the stem created what I’m calling leaf writing as it started back to the sea, but stopped.
Washed up Jellyfish
There were a number of jellyfish that washed up on the shore.  They definitely aren’t as pretty as they are in the water, but the color was kind of pretty and was set off nicely by the sand!
Feathers in the Sand
I thought of this as sort of a natural semi-abstract.  The feathers are from seagulls, I’m sure, and the bits of shell were deposited by the incoming tide. Very pretty and natural!
Stay Within the Lines
This “art by nature” focuses on the shells!  Various shapes and sizes add variety.  And, I love the lines added by the water as it ebbed and flowed.  They add a certain dimension that truly finishes it off!
Shell or Bone
I wasn’t sure if this was a broken shell or part of a bone of a fish or something.  The shadows and groves worn into the sand was something that was a collaboration between the water, sand, and shell…..or bone?
Enjoy!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment