Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Whittier



At the end of the tunnel, there is the lovely little town of Whittier.  It’s mainly a port town, altho there are several shops and little restaurants for visitors to check out!

 

 
Isn’t this a lovely sight?  I loved imagining that I was in that speed boat, racing to wherever it was racing to!  Wouldn’t it be nice to sit back and just enjoy the mountains, view of the town, ships coming into and leaving port – ah, I could go on and on!

 
There were seagulls galore!  I can’t tell you how many shots I took of this guy and his seagull cousins until I got one shot that captured the free feeling there was watching them soar and weave in the air!

 
A lovely dining spot in Whittier!  This was a seafood shack.  Now, those of you that know me well know I am not a fish or seafood person, except for shrimp.  I did have a shrimp basket, and it was incredibly tasty!  The shrimp had an interesting (good) taste to them.  When the cook walked around to check on how people liked their food, she told me that the shrimp was fresh, caught in the Whittier area, and she described their taste as “sweet”.  I would never associate that adjective with shrimp, but she was right!  That was exactly the taste – a very subtle sweet taste!

 
Here’s my favorite shot.  We had hot chocolate (me) and pop (Jeff) and shared a decadent brownie, and sat in these chairs enjoying the views.  In fact, this was where I was sitting when I took the first image of this blog post!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment