Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Destination Bay Campsite Views




We did an overnight stop at a little place called Destination Bay – technically a town, but very small.  There was a campground there, tho, that had a great campsite along the shore of Kluane Lake.  Altho the day we were there was a gray, rainy one, I still took some images that turned out great…..and then I played with them so you could really see how special this place was!

 
The people staying in a cabin close to our campsite had a canoe that they left by the shore, and it really added just the right touch to this image.  The clouds hung low on the mountains all day, even tho every so often we were given hope of them clearing by a tease of blue sky.  However, the clouds reigned supreme (and rained supreme as well!), and they never lifted.  Still, I love the moodiness of this image with the low gray clouds and the lonely canoe.

 
As we walked down the little path to the beach, I was struck by the flowers growing on the bank.  They didn’t pop as much once I originally processed the image as they did in real life, so I played with this image to really enhance the color of the blooms.

 
This image was taken in the early morning (and the sun rose REALLY early here way up north), and I then converted this to a watercolor painting to mimic the dreaminess that I felt when I saw this from our bed in the RV.  Heaven on earth…..

 
In the morning before we left, we took another stroll down the beach and I had to capture an image of the mountain behind the campsite that was covered by clouds all day the previous day.  I love the detail of the pebbled beach, too.

 
Here’s another sunrise shot, taken from outside our RV.  I really liked the way the sun played over the water, and the way the image was sort of framed from below by the greenery and little trees.  A truly wonderful campsite and magical morning.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment