Monday, July 21, 2014

Quirky Signs in Talkeetna



As I mentioned in a previous posting, we visited the quirky town of Talkeetna on a day trip.  As we started wandering around the town, I couldn’t help but notice the cool signs posted around the town.  I thought I’d share some with you….
 

 
I thought this was a cool storefront – check out the antlers and the snow shoes! 

 
Isn’t this a quaint sign?  The House of 7 Trees!  I’ve heard of (and read) The House of 7 Gables – somehow, I doubt this is even close to that book!

 
Along the Alaska Highway for years and years, there were little roadhouses found sprinkled along the highway, in between the towns that existed.  These roadhouses offered travelers gas, food and lodging.  Unfortunately, due to the advancement of time, technology, and yes, government regulations, many of these roadhouses are now closed.  It became just too expensive for them to remain open, given that there wouldn’t be much traffic during the winter months.

 
This sign just made me smile.  Yes, trek the miles and miles in your snow shoes to get your share of “spirits”!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment