Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fairbanks Bound !



Traveling to Fairbanks brought us a few cool views!
 

 
As we drove along, parallel to us for a time was the Alaska Range – beautiful mountains!  When there was a pull out, we stopped so I could capture this image.  The body of water in the foreground was, I believe, the Nenana River.

 
My first eagle sighting!  He was pretty far away, so this was the closest image I could get with my zoom lens fully zoomed!  He was just perched there on what looked to be the remnants of an overturned tree (its roots), just as content as can be!

 
Here’s the same eagle in the context of the environment he was in.  I really do like this image better than the other one.  It says more about the wilderness through which we were driving than any words I could come up with.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment