Monday, July 21, 2014

Beeman's Cabin at Byers Lake



We camped for a couple of days at Byers Lake Campground in Denali State Park, Alaska.  One of the coolest “find” Jeff and Miki made on one of their morning walks was Beeman’s Cabin, a deserted cabin buried in the woods around Byers Lake.  Of course, I went with them to see this treasure in the woods!
 

 
When walking thru the woods, it’s almost easy to miss.  It’s sort of buried, or almost buried, with trees growing from the roof!

 
There are all sorts of warning signs around the cabin, warning not to enter it.  I didn’t, but I did walk around to get a good look at this.  It looks like it’s really old, doesn’t it, including…..

 
….the inside of the cabin, complete with rustic work tables.  I peeked inside the window in the image before this one, and this was what I saw.  I wondered how old this was, as it certainly seemed like an antique.

 
Can’t you just imagine a pioneer, gold rush prospectors, or some other rough and tumble Alaskan setting up a homestead there?  Well……as it turns out, this cabin was built in 1959, the year Alaska became a state.  Darn!  And, I had such a good story going on in my head!!  LOL!!
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment