Saturday, July 5, 2014

Signpost Forest !



One of the cool things about the town of Watson Lake is the Signpost Forest!  When the Alaska Highway was being constructed apparently a number of the workers would post signs that indicated their home town and how far it was from Watson Lake.  It’s become a sort of phenomenon, with anyone who wants to adding signs from their home town – either handmade signs with their names and town indicated, road signs, street signs or even license plates!  If Jeff and I would have thought about it, we could have brought an extra street sign that Jeff had made from the airpark – oh, well!

 
It’s called a forest because when you walk into it, you truly feel like you are in a forest of sorts…..and it is much larger than it looks in this photo!!  It’s really just a fun stop along the highway!

 
Since Jeff is from Alaska and I’m from Illinois, I couldn’t resist snapping this photo of the 2 states’ license plates so close to each other!  What else could I find?

 
I feel like this is a sort of “Where’s Waldo?” type of shot – Jeff in front of more signs than he’s probably ever been in front of in his life!    If you look close, some of the license plates are from Europe, too – were they extra or are they now driving their cars with a license plate missing??

 
Oh, which way to go!!  I couldn’t resist playing around in the “forest” and Jeff was kind enough to snap me in front of quite a few handmade signs….

 
I initially lined up this shot to capture the different foreign plates from Europe……but just as I took it, I noticed another one.  Which one is your eye drawn to?  Wouldn’t it be funny to live on that road?
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment