Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Muncho Lake Roadside Views


Because we were so lucky in the campsite that we got, we decided to stay an extra night, so we could explore the Muncho Lake area a bit…..

 
The morning was a great morning for reflections, as you’ll see in the images in this posting.  The first one, above, was one of the first ones that we came to, and I loved that the Rockies were reflected in the lake.  By the way, had we been here even 3 weeks sooner, we would probably have had some snow not only in our campsite, but on the road, too!

 
This is a view of Muncho Lake from the north (we were camped at the southern end), but what I focused on in this image was the sky.  It was a different type of sky from what I’m used to seeing.  There was a bit of a white filter over the blue of the sky, muting the color (see the upper left of the image).  Yet, overlaying that filter were different types of clouds, creating a very soft sort of texture effect in the sky.  I don’t know that I’ve really seen this type of sky to this magnitude before.

 
As we drove back to our campsite after our morning’s explorations, I couldn’t resist capturing some reflection images.  I loved this one and asked Jeff to stop the Jeep a few times before I could find just the perfect reflection.  I particularly wanted to capture the reflection of the trees on the right side of the image.  I’m not quite sure why they “twigged” with me, but they did, and the mountains flowing down to the lake on the left creates an interesting balance to this image.  It seems like it should be out of balance, but it’s not.

 
I love the vast feeling of this image.  The interesting effect in the sky, this time viewed without the sun sort of directly affecting it, the subtle flow of the lake separating the mountains, green on one side, gray on the other, and those trees as a sort of interest point.  Of course, all of this is set off by the fact that it’s a reflection image, too.  Wow.

 
This image was shot the morning we left.  It was pretty early and the tone of the day (overcast and gray) made the image seem like it was almost a black and white image…..except for the whisper of color of the lake.  I also really liked the wisp of cloud that hung so low and close to the lake.  A beautiful and subtle farewell from a lovely, lovely campsite.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment